Friday, February 27, 2009

One Night in Bangkok (Day 5)

After a long 14 hour train ride we arrived in Bangkok. It's a hustle/bustle city with a mix of new and old but maintains that wonderful exotic feel.

We took a ride in a makeshift sung tao which felt more like transportation for farm animals. We arrived safely so no complaints here.
Ahhh...sweet tranquility! The Phranakorn-Nornlen guesthouse. This is the top-rated place to stay on Tripadvisor, my favorite trip research website. The guesthouse staff were wonderful. I had made a boo boo in booking the rooms. I actually booked the rooms for the following day. I was devastated! If it was just me that was affected then I could deal with it, but I had the entire group's fate in my hands...well not really, but you know what I mean! All ended well. The staff prepared some rooms for us (thank God they were not fully booked!).
While we waited were served an amazing breakfast of Pumpkin soup, salad, fresh fruit and a mouth watering mushroom crepe with a fresh pressed glass of apple juice. Heaven!

0 comments: