Friday, February 27, 2009

Good Bye Thailand!

I took a last minute dash to the nearest Buddha before we had to leave for the airport. It was so worth it. Everything in Thailand is so exquisitely made from the tops of the buildings to the door frames. Here's the golden Buddha that we are able to see from the hotel.

Inside the temple. The paintings went all around and onto the ceiling. I just realized that the paintings are of all the temples in Bangkok, sort of a map to Buddha!
We were here on Sunday and came in the middle of prayer and worship, Buddhist style. After to praying to Buddha, the faithful will purchase a gold square and rub it on a statue. There was a ton of statues all around, some like this filled with gold and some with just a few squares. There was big ones, small ones, animals, etc.
I arrived home around 5:30am, before my little munchkins were up but they managed to still welcome me home with this sign, cards and roses. I love my lil men (and the big one too!)

0 comments: