Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 3 (cont)

By the time we returned to Chiang Mai my stomach had had enough of the van rides and unusual (for me) foods. Dot, Tori and Shelly decided on another 3 hour massage and I opted out of that pain. I spent my time with Chantelle and Madi relaxing and perusing the old pottery museum across from the guest house.


In the evening we decided to go to a cultural show at Old Chiang Mai Cultural Center. Food and fun were on the menu here.
We saw beautiful Thai dancers perform traditional Thai-style dancing.

Posted by Picasa
We took a ride to the night market after dinner to enjoy some shopping.
Here a woman shows the process of making an ornament. I've seen these ornaments before but never really knew the work that went into them. It's very meticulous!
Hair clips made from a variety of items such as shrimp tails to cookies.
Beautiful hand-carved wax flowers
I love groupings of things because of the wonderful colors.

0 comments: