How can a hot dog on a stick get any better? Add some corn batter to it and fry it up! I love me some corn dogs! *in my best Southern accent*
Logan and I whipped up some of these lovely treats tonight. I didn't even think to grab my camera to document it until afterward but I did manage to snag a quick pic before they were all gobbled up. This was actually easier than I ever anticipated. The best way to coat them is to put the batter in a tall glass. Have a corn dog night tonight and get yourself some of them there fried taters *sorry...can't get rid of that accent!*
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (16 ounce) package beef frankfurters
- 8 wooden skewers
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, sugar and baking powder. Stir in eggs and milk.
- Preheat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat until temp reaches 350 degrees. Insert wooden skewers into frankfurters. Roll frankfurters in flour and shake off excess. Dip frankfurters in batter until well coated.
- Fry 2 or 3 corn dogs at a time for 5 to 8 minutes (make sure to turn for even cooking), or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.