Tonight we had the Ramirez family(minus daddy Dale) over for dinner before we headed out to Daniella's play at the school. I wanted something that wasn't going to take a lot of fuss because I wanted to hang with my girl, Dot. This was a super easy, make-ahead-in-the-crockpot recipe with only FOUR ingredients. I did not have any reduced fat cream cheese on hand but I'm sure you can substitute it for the regular.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed (I used frozen and cut into pieces after cooking)
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- Mix soup and dressing mix in slow cooker; Add chicken and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken to dice up if using whole breasts. Add cream cheese to the crockpot and mix together. Add chicken back to crockpot and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm. Serve over buttered egg noodles.
VERDICT: This was very yummy. Although I think that I might add another half packet to the mix next time. All the kids seemed to like it which is always a great sign!