Pioneer woman, I am NOT but I've been feeling kinda pioneer-ish for the past couple of weekends so I think I'm starting my own trend....Pioneer Saturdays. But don't worry just as soon as I write this I'll forget about it. Seems to be the norm for me since having kids. I've acquired a bout of MOMnesia.
- 4 to 6 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I thought this was a bit too sweet. Try cutting it back to 3/4 cup.)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
Preparation:Mix apples, 1 cup of sugar and cinnamon; place in a greased 8-inch baking dish. Dot with the 1 tablespoon of butter.
Combine topping ingredients; stir until blended then pour over apples. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.