In a world of de-boned-this and chopped-up-that many people forget about a good ol' bone-in WHOLE chicken. This chicken is very moist, flavorful AND requires minimal ingredients. I sometimes make gravy from the pan drippings but with this chicken you don't really need to.
Rockin' Roast Chicken
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
- 1/3 cup margarine, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder. Place 1 tablespoon margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken's exterior.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 15 minutes before serving.