Sunday, April 4, 2010

He made all thing new

It's been quite some time since my last post and to be honest with you, I haven't been inspired to write until now. I started this blog to keep my family and friends updated on our day to day news but Facebook came into the picture and has hogged most of my "blog" time. With today being Easter, I have spent a lot of the day reflecting. We watched The Passion of the Christ and there was something that 'Jesus' said, "I make all things new." What better time to start a dedication to blogging than today when Christ gave me a fresh start. It may sound corny but blogging was once a big part of my life and I have longed for the creative outlet that it had granted me. Therefor I am publicly announcing a re-commitment to blogging.

With that said...let me jump back to my reflecting that I was mentioning. My kids have asked me about the Trinity, how Jesus can be God and vice versa. I 'borrowed' what my former pastor, Chap. Brown said once about Jesus being a Son, just like he was someone's son and Him being the Father just like he (Lee) was a father. I have always liked that explanation but just today I came to the realization of a different kind.

Throughout the Old Testament it is written that God can not be looked upon (ie. The burning bush or hidden behind the temple curtain). Humans use their five senses to judge their surroundings. So for our human brains to fully grasp who God is, He had to engage our senses... sight, touch, hear. He became flesh. He put skin on so we could finally look upon His face. I know this is not a new concept but it's one that I myself, have just begun to understand. God wanted to personalize himself, to make himself more approachable, and so that a relationship with Him would be attainable. Like I said before, we're human, we need our senses to judge what is real. We have to fit our "reality" inside of a box and test it against those senses. The God of the Old Testament was out of reach, behind the curtain. When Jesus came it was like He said, "Here I am, See Me, Feel Me, Hear Me. I AM real and I'm here for YOU."

As I close this first post in many months, I want you to think of Jesus, God with skin on and what was the reason for his descent to the earth from His Heavenly throne. You.

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27


0 comments: